Building a solution for The Arc of Greater Loudoun County to collect pledged donations. The Arc’s annual fundraising event, Shocktober, includes a partner program called the Trail of Terror. Shocktober visitors are referred to businesses included on the Trail. Each business provides a discount to customers and donates a portion of the proceeds back to The Arc.
This report outlines a web app we designed to keep track of those visits so The Arc can more effectively collect the appropriate funds.
Techniques and processes:
- Conducted background research and wrote a literature review about cross-sector partnerships between nonprofit and for profit entities
- Established design goals and considerations based on our client brief
- Conducted moderated paper prototype testing with rapid re-iteration
- Conducted moderated and unmoderated technical prototype , employing Axure
- Wrote the following sections: Relevant Background Research, Cross-Sector Partnerships, Design Considerations, The Technical Prototype, Final Recommendations
- Created paper prototypes, conducted moderated testing
- Built technical prototype in Axure, conducted moderated testing and unmoderated testing
- Designed and formatted report